Specialized in Foreign Investment, Tax and Corporate Law
• Tax Planning (studies and consultancy, by identifying legal means for reducing and refunding direct and indirect taxes falling upon companies);
• Consultancy and opinions on Brazilian and international Lax Law themes;
• Transfer Prices (identification and determination of control rules for transfer prices in Brazil, and prevention of disputes;
• Tax Litigation (filing of lawsuits, preparation of defense and appeals, both within the administrative as well as the judicial scope regarding federal, state and local taxes).
• Provision of legal advice services for structuring businesses in Brazil and abroad;
• Advice to companies, partners and shareholders regarding incorporation of companies, contractual amendments, preparation of corporate documents in general;
• Preparation of different kinds of contracts, commercial representation, franchising, etc.;
• Mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, commercial operations, installation of new companies, fiscal and social security due diligence;
• Legal and administrative advice for the incorporation of companies in Brazil;
• Determination of tax and customs impacts from operations;
• Tax planning regarding the entry and return of investments in Brazil;
• Advice before Banco Central do Brasil regarding capital entry and return
• Drafting of the social contract;
• Advice on the choice of tax regime; • Analysis of tax and labor aspects in hiring employees;
• Analysis of operations according to the Consumer Code and Internet Civil Mark;
• Legal assistance in the acquisition or sale of corporate shares;
• Raising capital through crowdfunding structures.
• Advice in the purchase, sale and rental of residential and commercial real estate, real estate development, public deeds and examination of miscellaneous documents.
• We provide services in the area of Family and Succession law;
• Counseling in cases of family property succession;
• Actions for damages;
• Pain and suffering, and consumer rights.
• Preparation of legal defenses and appeals;
• Preparation of labor claims;
• Preventive advice before human resource departments;
• Advice for completing settlements in and out of courts
• Identification and implementation of special customs regimes and Drawback;
• Analysis of taxation in foreign trade operations;
• Customs valuation of goods;
• Defense in processes related to notices of violation regarding Import and Export Customs Clearance, as well as Fines and Confiscation.
• Refund and compensation of overpaid taxes in imports and exports;
• Legal strategy adapted to entrepreneurs longings, guaranteeing the protection of their personal property and the continuity of their companies;
• Composition and opening of Holding Companies by means of contractual acts and reduction of the different taxes falling upon successions;
• Preparation of wills, small-estate probate and probate process filing and follow-up.
• Drafting of brand, patent, know-how, technology transfer, specialized technical service and technical assistance licensing agreements.
• Brand, patent and technology transfer registration before the INPI.
• Determination of tax impacts regarding brand, patent, know-how, technical service and technical assistance agreements.
• We give advice in the defense and preparation of lawsuits;
• Actions to review benefits.
• Credit collection actions;
• Judicial and extrajudicial credit recovery actions;
• Non-litigious collections
The PONTES VIEIRA LAWYERS office is structured through a personalized way of acting, based on excellence in customer service.
To this end, the office is made up of professionals with extensive experience in Brazil and abroad, combining academic and practical knowledge, able to provide legal advice on essentially national issues or with international implications.
We have Brazilian and foreign clients who operate in various sectors of the economy.
PONTES VIEIRA LAWYERS is an office with international scope, serving all Brazil and also other countries, through partnerships with offices in the United States, England, France, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Colombia, Thailand and China.
PONTES VIEIRA LAWYERS ' reputation is internationally recognized. As an example, we can cite the award that one of its partners, Iure Pontes Vieira, received from the European Commission as the author of the best thesis on European Tax Law in 2011. We can also cite the office's participation in the preparation of the "Women, Business, Law (2018) ", produced by the World Bank.